Call for Proposals
We are accepting rolling submissions as funding permits.
Inspark OER is developing high quality Open Educational Resources (OER) to improve student outcomes and lower textbook costs. Inspark OER promotes active learning and implicitly teaches essential skills. It is funded by a $3.4M Dept. of Ed. grant and represents a unique collaboration between the Center of Education Through eXploration and the Inspark Teaching Network, at Arizona State University, and the three largest college systems in the country (Ivy Tech Community College, Maricopa Community Colleges, Miami Dade College).
Inspark OER is supporting institutions to implement high quality OER, and providing up to $10,000 in grant funding, through 2022 and 2023. The team at Arizona State University will be funding student access to our OER and Tools. Inspark has bundled active learning tools (assignments using Inspark OER Tools) and curated OER (Content Packages in five disciplines) to use as textbook replacements making it easy to adopt.
How does it work?
- Review lnspark OER offerings by requesting demo access (check the box for intent to submit for the grant).
- Submit your application at the end of this page.
- The Inspark OER Leadership Team schedules short interviews.
- Grants of up to $10,000 to be announced.
- Start LMS integration process with your institution.
- Pilot and training launch with faculty and students.
- Increasing enrollment towards targets through 2022 and 2023 towards full textbook replacements.
Feel free to submit questions through: https://oer.inspark.education/support
- Accredited two-year or four-year postsecondary institution, including state systems.
- Unduplicated undergraduate headcount greater than 15,000 preferred.
- Institutions with unduplicated enrollment less than 15,000 still eligible to apply.
- Using an Inspark OER textbook replacement (Tools and Content Packages) in 2022 and 2023 across multiple sections in at least one of the five available disciplines (preferred):
- English Composition I & II
- Intro Chemistry
- Intro Biology
- Interpersonal Communication
- Student Success
- Faculty and administrator support at the institution (preferred).
- Ability to implement Inspark OER (Tools and Content Packages as a textbook replacement).
- Capacity and willingness to support faculty training and professional development.
- Capacity and willingness to evaluate learner success.
- Use of funds to pilot, test, review, adapt, and scale OER.